Thread: Wombling
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 17:48   #1
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Wombling

Are you the thrifty sort? Do you love a bargain/discount? Yes? Well this one is for you

I came across this "wombling" malarkey while talking to a homeless chap who was on the ball when it came to getting things for free.i believe the term comes from the programme the wombles of Wimbledon where the characters use disgarded rubbish and put it to good use.

Definition of wombling:-
Finding a old till receipt from Asda/Tesco and entering the code into their Price Guarantee/Price Match website and getting a money off coupon.

Now,Simple maths determines that they can't both be cheapest all of the time and Asda will pay you if they are not at least 10% cheaper than their competitors also Tesco pledges to pay back twice the difference if you find something cheaper elsewhere....Hmmmm.

All you have to do is collect a few old receipts from the carpark or bin if you've no shame and type in the code. If the shopping turns out to be cheaper elsewhere, your quids in.Don't worry if you live across the pond either as I think Walmart do a similar scheme.

Legalities:-
Technically, collecting old receipts is not illegal,nor is comparing the cost of the shopping. The grey area is the bit where you redeem the difference. Since you are not explicitly claiming that receipt is yours (the websites don't ask you to confirm this), you are not misleading anyone.

I doubt very much that Asda or Tesco would like to be seen refusing to honour their pledge plus the system is automated and issues a voucher, which you can just print off and redeem on your next visit.

Father of three saves thousands of pounds by picking up discarded receipts in supermarkets | Latest News | Breaking UK News & World News Headlines | Daily Star

Let me know what you think

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 01-07-2015 at 17:53.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web