View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 18:32   #76
Morecambe Ex Pat
Full Member+

Re: New pub opening .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
We've been in plenty of these 'eating pubs' and although some really are rubbish some have been very good meals, especially when you consider the prices.
I also hate it when kids are running around and/or making a lot of noise but then I'm a grumpy old git!
Grumpy Gits of the world unite!

Are we being grumpy though?
Our kids don't run round like screaming banshees so why should we tolerate somebody else's brats doing it?
As an aside - We were at Queen's Mill in Harle Syke and sat in the café when we were joined by at least 50 junior school kids from a school in Longton. Fearing the worst we were pleased to see that the 4 teachers kept their charges reasonably quiet, so much so that I thanked one of the staff members for not spoiling our day. I got a great response from the head mistress when I emailed the same sentiments when we returned home.

Back to the subject of pubs - we have a Wetherspoons here in Morecambe which opens at 8am but rather than the expected soaks getting their early morning fix of ale or sprits, it tends to be frequented by businessmen having breakfast following their stay at the Travelodge. If you go in, later in the day, there are kids in but the staff take no crap from any parents of kids running wild and the atmosphere is very pleasant. The choice is yours whether you sample any of their food but they do offer a selection of fine ales from the Lancaster Brewery.
It is not the sort of traditional pub in the sense of being surrounded by tab smoking dock workers in an atmosphere of thick smoke and a floor covered in spittoons and sawdust but I for one find the atmosphere to my liking.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web