View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 07:39   #89
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: New pub opening .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I had the misfortune to go in this particular Wetherspoons several years ago (I believe it's the Eric Bartholomew). The food was poor and served lukewarm. When the waiter was collecting the plates at the end of the meal, he asked how the meal was. I told him and was met with total indifference. I haven't set foot in a Wetherspoons since. They're crap.
If you haven't been in one of these establishments for 'several years' then perhaps you need to give it another try before commenting....and to denounce them all as 'crap' is short sighted and more than a little unfair.
All these type of places can have off days.
I am surprised that your comments to the waiter were ignored....perhaps if you had done the right thing.....which would have been to notify the staff as soon as you received your meal(and found it to be lukewarm) you would have had an altogether different response.

I have been in the Accrington branch of Wetherspoons, the Manchester one, the one in Llandudno, the one in Eastbourne.....and invariably the food, the service and the surroundings have been acceptable.
No....it isn't fine dining....but if you want something to stop your back and your belly from slapping together, it is fine.....you just need to be selective as to the food choices and use a bit of sense.....you can hardly mess up a salad!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote