View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 08:20   #15
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Should the TV License be scrapped?

[QUOTE=Aussie Irene;1147941]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I have come to the conclusion that TV license fee should be scrapped. Yes I pay for it and I find that it makes me want to watch more TV and if I got rid of the TV and told them so, they would still make me pay it because they wouldn't believe I had totally stopped watching it and still had access to it on computer or other devices.

These days you can watch TV in most library's on their computers - so why should we keep paying for it?

The alternative is that they scrap it and the BBC start having advertising. What they could do is keep BBC 1 as it is - with no ads and then have another channel like BBC 2 which has ad breaks or have all ad breaks and have private subscription channel kept as it is now with no ads.

I just think the license has had it's day - what does anyone here think?[/Q

You do not have to pay for a TV license here in oz. We have been here over 40years and never had to pay for one.
For the past 3yrs or so i've not watched TV and had no need for a license.Yet even after I've informed them of this they still send me letters (pictured above) which is a total waste of money as i don't even open them anymore (I'll spare you the rant about the oppressive presumption of guilt etc ).they even pay capita to do the license processing now...another waste of money....

...like you say,it has had its day

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote