Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 15:01   #453
Studio25

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
At a hospital like Blackburn how many actual jobs do you think you could wipe out in administration without causing problems to the running of the hospital? It's ok saying such things but you probably have no idea how many administrators and managers there actually are that you want to sack because you assume they are not contributing anything.
Like I said - 80%

You probably have no idea how much documentation nurses have to do to fulfil administrative requirements, rather than spend time actually caring for your sick or dying loved one. (If you're interested in the figure, it's 80% - and only a small fraction of that is documentation of administered drugs, fluid balance charts, observations etc. The rest is designed to cover the trust in case they get sued. It's more "important" for a nurse to tick a box to indicate that they have performed a task than it is to actually perform the task.)

I'm married to a nurse, and I'm close friends with three others. The only way I could be better qualified to comment on the state of the NHS is if I actually worked there.

One of the nurses I know has recently had to go through the process of proving her identity to the admin team. She's worked in the same trust for 30 years!

If this were Golgafrincham, these are the people who would have been on the "B" Ark.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote