View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 13:07   #36
accyman
God Member

Re: Should the TV License be scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
The beeb does not have adverts due to the license but ITV do? - so this tells me that IOTV and all other channels that have adverts should be license free.
However they are not, they are all covered by the license, so it is only the beeb that "does not have adverts" which is actually wrong - it does but all beeb adverts, adverts for whats on the beeb.

Again this is why shy+ (or tivo) is a boon so that they can all be ff through.

I'm shortly going completely broadcast free and will be cancelling my license if everything works right, the savings will enable me to get a decent media player and vpn to stream tv instead.
trust me on this is your thinking of buying one of those boxes that say you can watch hundreds of movies and tv shows dont buy one they all use kodi which is free.Theres even a simple user ready vesion you install to android or pc called tvmc that has channels preloaded

once you get used to it you can add more tv plugins with thehlp of free online tutorials on youtube and websites with forums like this that will answer questions and help

you can even watch live uk tv on kodi with a time delay so your not watching a live broadcast

that of course is if you are buying one of those rip off boxes

ps: the ones that plug into your hdmi port and look like a usb stick can blow your tv AV board up they have very poor quality power supplies

extra ps:

before you buy a vpn have you tried simply changing your dns to open dns in your router it dosnt get around all blocks but has worked on a a lot of sites that my internet provider says they dont want me to see

dont mean to sound patronizing i have no idea of your skill level or age etc just offering some advice that you may or may not need or want lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-09-2015 at 13:12.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote