Thread: Direct payments
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2015, 11:04   #1
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Direct payments

I was wondering if any of you have had any (good or bad) experiences with this "direct payments scheme"?

You may be aware that those in power wish for as many folk as possible to be put on the "direct payments scheme".
Direct payments are basically a way of giving folk control over their care needs And (if they wish) they can even employ close friends and in certain cases family members to provide their care....Although,for exploitation reasons, family members are usually excluded from receiving these payments (even though it's ok for our MPs to employ their family members as PA's etc ).

From my personal experience with home care agencies/providers,dare I say it, they seem to attract the wrong sort of folk and be a total waste of time.
It would be inappropriate for me to say anymore at the minute but I've had enough of using their 'services' and I'm thinking of using this direct payments scheme to employ a PA/carer for a relative who needs 'care'.

So,if you've had any experiences with this scheme I'd be happy to hear from you.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web