View Single Post
Old 24-09-2015, 15:20   #71
Studio25

Re: Should the TV License be scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
catch up TV is excluded from the license fee, the content is irrelevent.
I haven't mentioned catch up TV anywhere.

You taking a live TV broadcast, offsetting it by 5mins, and then watching the result is not "catch up". Nor is recording "Bake Off" on tape and then watching it at a later date.

Quote:
So watching what "was" live tv but it is now not live (because it has been delayed) is excluded from the requirements of needing a license.
So you keep saying - but you never actually get as far as providing a reliable source for that statement. It is just your opinion.

Those who don't agree with you on this thread have provided links to the TV licensing page that tells you that you need one, and the legislation that states whatever is asserted on the TVLI website is the legal basis for decisions.

Quote:
...But you don't need to believe me on this, perhaps go and ask Martin Lewis - he's clever enough to know the ins & outs and his site agrees with what I have said, if he posted incorrect info then there are thousands of those that are ni the know who put him right and it gets changed the same day.
I'm afraid that searching sites to provide evidence to support your argument is your job. We've provided the links supporting our argument. You've provided nothing but an opinion.

However, assuming you mean this article - it also quite categorically states that you are wrong.
Quote:
You'll still need a TV licence if you record 'live TV' content at the time of broadcast, using a digital recorder like Sky+ or TiVo (or a good old-fashioned VHS recorder).

This is because you're recording them as they are being shown on a TV channel. It doesn't matter when you watch them, or how they were recorded - you still need a licence.

If you watch TV programmes when they're are broadcast you must be covered by a valid TV licence, regardless of:
  • Which channel you're watching
  • Which device you are using to watch
  • How you receive the content (terrestrial, satellite, cable, via the internet, etc).
And yes, I agree with everything he says in the article and it matches my understanding of whether you need a licence.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote