Thread: Crematorium
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 16:43   #24
JCB

Re: Crematorium

Some have used this topic to get at the Muslims , but as has been pointed out on the thread Muslims are forbidden to have cremations , so they won't be at the crematorium .

The last two funerals I attended at the crematorium were of two friends who were Jehovah's Witnesses , and it did cross my mind at the time , knowing that they do not accept the sign of the cross , that it was a bit odd to have their funeral services conducted before a sign they had spent many hours preaching against .

Being a Christian I don't feel strongly about this issue of the cross . I have a crucifix in my home . It symbolises a lot to me .....everything really . I attend church on Sundays , and the cross is central to what occurs in the church .

But I can't see anything wrong with having a moveable cross at the crematorium , so that Christians can have the cross on display and secularists , humanists , atheists can have the cross not on display .

And as for this being a Christian country......well it isn't and never has been . A country cannot be Christian . Only a person can be Christian . A country might have 99% of its population committed Christians , but that doesn't make the country Christian . It can't do.....just as my dog , not being a person , can never be Christian .

Now if all of this makes me a PC nutter , well I have no problems with that . I am already a nutter for many , perhaps for most on this forum just for being a Christian ......believing all those "fairy tales" , "superstitions" , "brainwashed by all those paedophile men in dresses", etc , etc .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote