Thread: Hi to all
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 10:43   #1
SteveB47
Junior Member+

Smile Hi to all

Hi and I'd like to introduce myself. First off though I am pleased I found this site. As a native of Accrington though brought up in Huyton, Liverpool I was browsing for old photos of Stanley and Peel Park. That brought me to this site.
I was browsing as I write my own blog and wanted to do a piece on my nostalgic childhood memories of Accy. I now live in and have retired to the Philippines.
I still have many relatives in Accrington and my mother's (maiden name Cornwall) side of the family hail from Newark Street. My dad was a 'gobbiner'. I was born at 36 Newark Street in 1947. I have fond memories of summer holidays spent at my Grandma's in Newark Street and my Granddad taking me to Peel Park in the 1950s to watch Stanley, my first pro football match. Unfortunately, living in Huyton I ended up being a lifelong LFC fan but still have a soft spot for Stanley and watch out for their results.
I checked the forum rules and that's why I haven't put a link to my blog but I think you can see it in my profile if you are interested.
Anyway when I finish the article on Accy I will ask Mick if I can post it here.
OMG I'm a wordy ******