View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 18:05   #54
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: 5p for a carrier bag

I cannot argue with the deforestation issues, but as far as other things go....the scientists have been producing statistics that have been shown to be flawed.
And really, if governments were serious about making sustainable energy a central issue, surely they would choose to invest in something which is more efficient than those useless wind turbines.....they have to be switched off when the winds are too high. How ridiculous is that.

Recycling, well that is something I have always done.
I grew up just after the war and we never threw anything away which could be re-used.
We recycled long before there was a requirement to do so.

There has always been fluctuations in climate.....the ozone layer was supposed to have a thundering great hole in it.....but this over the last few years seems to have got smaller.

What is the point exactly of us trying to limit CO2 emissions when what we produce is something in the region of 2%.......while India and China do not sign up to any kind of control over their industrial emissions.
You may say that every little helps, but my question is.....does it?
I do not deny the holocaust.
Nor do I see my view as being ideological. I am just very very sceptical of research, researchers, research methods.....because in the main they tend to prove what the commissioners of the research want it to show.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote