Thread: The Swarm!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 21:37   #49
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As for Jeremy Corbyn's quote, it's just that - a quote. It's not a quote that's been distorted or where one word's been taken out of context, it's what he actually said.

Here's another quote taken from his own website:

"Thank you to the Foreign Secretary for giving way. On the subject of refugees, he’s obviously as aware as everyone else is of the massive flow of migrants across the Mediterranean, many of whom thousands have already died also those in the Andaman Sea and elsewhere. There is a global phenomenon of victims of war, poverty and oppression fleeing in desperate circumstances. Does the government have a strategy of supporting refugees, of supporting saving life at sea, rather than repelling people seeking a place of safety?"

So why is Accyexplorer a "do-gooder PC lefty liberal" for saying similar things, yet Jeremy Corbyn isn't?
Is Corbyn a ‘lefty’…yup…and so am I.

Does Corbyn want to ‘do good’..yup…so do I.

Is he PC..erm…nope…otherwise he wouldn’t be getting the stick he is by the PC media.

I see no evidence that he will open the ‘floodgates’ and allow everyone and his brother into the country…. He’s simply saying we should have a strategy in place for those ‘victims of war, poverty and oppression’..e.g offer shelter and support until it’s safe for them to go back. Isn’t that what you would want for yourself if you had to leave this country if it became war torn? ( I see no mention of ‘economic migrants’ who want to come here because the benefit state pays them a fortune..which incidentally it doesn’t)

‘Saving life at sea’ could mean stopping human trafficking at source.

But hey….twist the words any which way you want, but using the biggest wind up merchant on the forum as an example does zero to add credibility to your argument.

And on ‘undistorted quotes’ would you like me to post some from Cameron, Thatcher, Graham Jones or Ken Moss…

You have an obvious downer on Corbyn……give me an alternative mainstream viewpoint that can’t be ripped to pieces