View Single Post
Old 15-10-2015, 18:55   #1
Eric
God Member

Getting rid of Tories ...

Always a good idea, eh. And its time for you guys to think outside the box ... or your speck of dirt off the coast of Europe Time to think of the Canadian General Election coming up next Monday after a super long campaign. Looks like our tories are down to their core support: that would be the rich and white, middle-class males ... those puritanical assholes opposed to gay rights, abortion, and action on the environment. They also support "tough on crime" stuff (at a time when crime is at an all-time low, and dropping), and a nibbling away at health care. And a new twist in this election ... making the wearing of the niqab an issue. They also oppose higher taxes on the rich, medical marijuana, safe areas for IV drug users to shoot up, extra funding for daycare, higher pensions, smaller class sizes in our schools ... well, you get the picture. The other two parties (NDP ... that's Labour ... and the Liberals ... that's LibDems) and the majority of Canadian voters want the tories out. But with our, and your, idiotic "first past the post" system, the tories could still end up with the most seats, but short of a majority. In this case the other two parties seem determined that tory rule must go. A coalition government might be on the cards.

Now I know that Canadian politics is not every limey's cup of tea. But important issues are at stake. And I know that some of you have opinions on proportional voting, and what you guys call a "hung Parliament."

Another thing that might affect the voting is that the Blue Jays have a playoff game against KC on the day of the election. I suspect that if a British Election were to be held on the same day that England played in a World Cup Semi-Final that it would affect voting.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web