View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:27   #96
Ken Moss
Common Sense Member

Re: Crematorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Welcome back Mr Moss.
Why you would bring the memory of Jaysay into this thread is far beyond me.
I, and a number of others on HC and on here, will be pleased that the original Cross has been restored and common sense prevails. It is very good of you to admit that you were wrong, a great pity that it has taken a considerable period of time - over two months in fact. A forced apology perhaps?
With regard to Hyndburn Chat, my understanding is that despite warnings you were banned for breaking the few rules that there are on that site - of course there are always people who don't think that rules apply to them.
Your letter published in the Observer makes a number of interesting points but unfortunately does not give any pertinent details.
My confusion mainly arises concerning your paragraphs 8 through 10.
“The Market Hall is fantastic” – a number of long standing stalls have closed in recent times, recent photographs show an impressive interior but very few customers and if you look when on your frequent shopping excursions in there you will see that only a few stalls have queues at them. The 2 cafes are quite busy as is the central seating area, perhaps you should take note of the criticisms levelled here, HC and the Observer letters from time to time.
“The Town Centre” – I am very confused as to what you class as a “curio shop”. There is a thread on HC at the moment asking what shops the members would like to see – but of course, you are unable to access HC. Comments, by many people, point out the preponderance of Charity Shops, Pound Stores, Betting Shops and Amusement Arcades, Burger/Kebab Shops and empty shops.
“Dazzling array of very good cafes and pubs” – how many pubs are there in the Town Centre Mr Moss? There are good cafes, but not that many very good cafes, unless we have different standards
You have previously stated that you shop in Accrington a number of times every week, now we understand that you also shop in Rishton several times a week. Perhaps you class buying a newspaper as shopping which I suppose it is technically.

Finally, do I understand from your last sentence in Post 79 that you are accusing me of lying?
The answer to pretty much all your questions is, 'Open your eyes'.

Which HC rule did I break exactly? Thou shalt not disagree with Gary Martin?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote