Thread: Crematorium
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 18:06   #110
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Crematorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Ken already mentioned Peter so thats a given. It was what others did that I was disappointed by.

You can't really apologise for doing something wrong until a different solution has been found and implemented. What if the original solution was decided in the end to be the correct solution after apologising for it? I've confused myself but you probably get what I mean
If you mean that the correct solution was reinstating the cross......well, the problem would not have arisen if it had not been removed in the first place...and I know that it was said to have been removed for the crematorium to be decorated........but, if that was the case and someone made mischief by saying that the cross was being removed for other reasons, then that should come to light, and the mischief makers named.

If the cross was being put back after the decorations then there was no story to tell and nothing to apologise for.
As for the cross being too heavy to move...it did not need to be moved at all...all it needed was for it to be on the wall, a curtain runner placed above it......a velvet curtain in subtle colours put onto the runner and hey presto...anyone who wants the cross to be out of view and the curtain can be pulled across to save offending anyone who felt it to be inappropriate.

That there is more to this story than we are being told surprises no-one......but truthfully we can only comment on what we know.....what we are told bu those who know the truth......the response on here has been of that order.
Whatever the discussion on some other forum cannot be of any relevance here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote