Thread: The C word
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 02:56   #62
dotti34

Re: The C word

Accyexplorer, you ask what people are having for their Christmas fare. IF you have bothered to read the other thread about the happiness of Christmas past and present (or does that not appeal to you?) you will note that as far as my family are concerned our Christmas ‘lunch’ does not follow the usual line. We are a non-traditional family so will NOT be having turkey or goose.

In case you really are interested here goes. My oldest daughter is hosting this year and this is what she intends for the day. Our ‘lunch’ will start at about 1 p.m. with bubbles and nibbles. From then on there will be a continuous supply of finger food, antipasto, and then on to mains about 4 p.m. or whenever which will consist of a variety of fish dishes and meats cooked in various ways with accompaniments, some dishes will no doubt have an ethnic flavour. After that it will be dessert (to suit every tastebud) with a cheese platter option. (I’m getting hungry just thinking about it).

Of course liquid refreshments will be flowing throughout the afternoon but as we are all sleeping over there will be no worries about driving home that day.

In between the finger food and the mains there will be the obligatory cricket match. We have only one rule in this and that is if the one with the bat doesn’t hit some good ones then he or she is ‘out, boring’ and has to ‘walk’. This year there will be no chance of anyone hitting it over the neighbour’s fence as the nearest neighbour is over the hill and far away. (40 acres away to be exact!).

You will also note from that other thread that, other than to the children, we no longer give each other presents – instead we just enjoy each other’s presence.

Sorry for being so long-winded but AccyX you did ask…

…….and as for Mrs. E wanting a goose, I think she already has one!!!!!
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote