Old 13-12-2015, 14:48   #83
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The C word

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Why DO some people stay together?
In your list you forgot these options, cowardice, lack of gumption, selfishness. Now I ain't no marriage guidance leech, social worker or communities & diversity wastrel, but to my mind people should get a backbone & if there's something that irks you do something about it!

I don't do sympathy for the miserable (usually self inflicted in most cases) because it's a wasted cause & just makes the "Victim" wallow even longer in their mire of self pity, short,sharp & brutal cures most ills, believe me I've applied it & had it applied on occasion, (working in a military welfare office for a few years certainly opens your eyes) so in the parlance ... " you need to man up & grow a pair mate!"

And to come back to topic, the incident rate was noticeably higher around Christmas time, fuelled by alcohol, monetary concerns & being under each others feet for longer than is comfortable, now if youse can manage your relationship under these circumstances good on yer, you've a good sound marraige/ partnership, but if you can't ....... well one or the other needs to pull the cord & bail! Niceties/hostilities blame can be sorted after the dust settles, but in the long term everyone will be the better for it.

Oh & Merry Christmas! (if that's at all possible after you pishing on this particular bonfire)