View Single Post
Old 20-12-2015, 16:19   #152
roy elliott

Re: Howard & Bullough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
Served my apprenticeship at Howard & Bulloughs from 69-73, worked in the milling, drilling, inspection,heavy machine shop, and ended up in the tool room. Worked on the fitting bench, but also got roped into the slotter, and planer work owing to my previous experience. There were several guys that worked in the tool room that were older than paint. The three Holden brothers, Alex Staff,Wolstenhome Penny, Jack Hargreaves, Jack Heys to name a few. had the sad news that two guys from the tool room, Alan Pearson and Charlie had passed away last year. Alan was my apprentice instructor in the training school, and also my foreman in the heavy machine shop.

I later took my voluntary redundancy in the mid seventies, and moved to Dusseldorf, Germany. Later was employed by a German company to travel internationally as a service technician. Worked in the middle east for some time, and then was asked to relocate to the USA, and got involved in the construction equipment sales business.

Bulloughs was, and will always be, a good memory for me, not just the building , but the people that worked there.
Tom Holden (Jig Boring(
John Holden (Shaping)
Alf Holden (Bench Fitter)
roy elliott is offline   Reply With Quote