View Single Post
Old 26-12-2015, 15:43   #13
Somerset

Re: Disgrace Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
How is being overwhelmed by the weather - over which we mere mortals have no control - "a disgrace"? Who has been "disgraceful"? Who is at fault? Burnley, may I remind you, have played for many years at a much higher level than us; that includes Premiership, with its obscene TV money and ridiculous "parachute payments". So have Blackburn, Wigan, and every League club around us. The income they have generated has allowed massive investment in facilities. Where were you last season (or was it the one before?) when our ground was the only one in the North West that was playable? Until a few weeks ago we survived, against the odds, on a shoestring, but with a pitch that improved year on year

Your ridiculous drivel is now both boring and aggravating, so I suggest you put up or shut up ....... EITHER make a donation to the cub that we love and you clearly don't sufficient to allow the kind of drainage you want can be put in, OR quit the forum before it quits you.

The last month up here has brought weather the like of which no-one has ever seen before; did you see the pictures of Carlisle? Glenridding? St Michaels? Stanley can be said to have got things wrong in the past, but your campaign is stupid beyond belief. Your letter to Burnley will go in the bin, where it deserves to be. You might like to follow it out of all our lives.

Happy Christmas. Shut the door behind you

I will when the club finally play a home match which could be February at this rate.