View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 01:07   #131
carpon
Full Member+

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBlue View Post
Another Rangers fan here:

You guys talk about "class" in transfers, want to know what we've suffered? Then let's talk of "class".

We lost the following players...and just as you say, it was by the rules but showed no class and morally wrong:

Steven Naismith - Signed by Everton. We signed him for £2 million. We got zero.

Steven Whittaker. - Signed by Norwich. We signed him for £2 million. We got zero.

Steve Davis - Signed by Southampton. We signed him for £3 million. We got zero. Southampton later gave us £500k out of pure guilt.

Kyle Lafferty - Signed by Sion, now at Norwich. We signed him for£4.5 million. We got zero.

Alan McGregor - Signed by some Turkish mob, now at Hull. Our regular goalkeeper, trained from a boy. We got zero.

As Rangers fans we know all about being shafted.

I'm sorry you guys feel the same but we were told at the time...thems the rules...suck it up. You've suffered FAR less.

So don't accuse us of a lack of class...English clubs royally screwed us over...

Our signing of 2 of yours when their contracts are about to run out ain't in the same league as what we suffered.

So chill guys, we're all football fans. As Rangers fans we know well beyond you what losing players for next to nothing is when legal but seems horribly unfair.

As it goes, I sympathise wholeheartedly with you but we're hardly to blame...the same rules have lost us FAR more than we've gained.

Stop hating on our club and fans...you've no idea the "lack of class" we've been shown.
Absolute rubbish.....

With the exception of Davis (for whom I can't seem to find any info on Wiki) the other four players became free agents after your club went into liquidation, when all four chose not to join your "new club" and drop to the fourth tier of Scottish football. Their contracts with the "old" Rangers became defunct when your club went into liquidation. Hence they went where they did under totally different circumstances.

I've also trawled through pages of posts on Rangers forums.....from gloating Rangers fans.....quite happy with the fact that your club has turned us over. A lot of those posts show your "fans" in a true light.

Arrogant.

I also read with interest that Rangers have already supposedly inserted a "£3.5million release clause" into Windass' future contract.

Not bad business for a player you're getting on the cheap !!

There was not a lot Stanley could do after the players agent "pimped" them around. From that moment, the two players were never going to sign another contract at Stanley.

Stanley can't afford the wages that not only Rangers, but any bigger club could offer. We were already in a no win situation that meant we were going to lose both players for a pittance.

The decent thing to do as a club, would have been to ask for permission to speak to the players. Permission that no doubt would have been granted, albeit reluctantly.

Not send an e-mail to the club secretary telling him / her that you would be speaking to the players.

But your club went behind our Chairman's, owner's and manager's backs to sign the pair up on a loophole on the cheap. At a critical point in our season where promotion to the next level is an achievable goal.

This situation has the potential to not only ruin our season, but leave us extremely out of pocket in the long run.

No decent compensation for two promising players given a second chance by a club that needs to make money by unearthing such "gems" and selling them on at a profit. A club that has to live within it's means and try and survive on 1500 gates in the shadow of two more illustrious and better supported neighbours.

No potential sell on clauses benefiting A.S.F.C. should Rangers sell one or both on at a massive profit for Glasgow Rangers.

So I stand by my conviction that your club has no class when it came to dealing with these two signing for you.

Your club has exploited both the rules and our predicament without even having the decency of asking for permission to shaft us.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote