Thread: Flood Problems
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2016, 19:18   #92
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Flood Problems

I suggested a few years ago. to help alleviate flooding in Britain and preventing a water shortage. The government who ever it is should be commence a massive reservoir building project, How many lake windermere type set ups would we need throughout the country to cope with the excess water. when you think the Victorians built the meres to service the cities with water then we need to look at our selves. We have river/canal/ underground pipes that could carry the excess down south to the dryer areas. we could build water parks like the lakes that would double up as recreational facilities. when you think there is a pipeline from lake windermere all the way to central Manchester that does not even have a single pump. I think there is merit in the idea, There needs to be government interventions as a mass infrastructure policy. This could be done over 4/5 massive sites. We could add all the other suggestions into the mix. We have enough people available to carry out the work. we need the will. As for our clubs pitch I am afraid it needs a serious rethink. the base is clay so I don't know what the answer is without spending a vast amount of money the club can ill afford.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote