View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 21:43   #49
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Getting rid of Tories ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A convenient way of thinking, both for the Japanese and the Americans. Convenient, but wrong. Japan, with over sixty major cities already destroyed, surrendered because of the Russian declaration of war and invasion of Manchuria on August 8, 1945. Just because many people have believed the A-Bomb myth for 70 years doesn't make it true. This is not a speculative assessment; the minutes of the Japanese Supreme War Direction Council reveal this.
If that was the case Eric which as you say the Jap supreme ccouncil.
The first A boomb was dropped on Agust 6th 1945.
The Russians declared war on Aug 8th 1945.
Then there would have been no need for the 2nd bomb on Aug 15th, it doesn't take a week to wave a white flag.
And Manchuria is quite a few miles away, and how would they know how the Ruski's would fair in Manchuria.

Sounds like a bit of arse covering, and minutes of meetings can be written any time, and things added or left out,
I don't think they had tape recordings of meetings, nor is it easy to write japanese that quick whilst some ones spouting, did they have shorthand like we did.
I used to write munutes of union meetings, sometimes days later, from a few scribbled notes and memory. I know writing union meeting minutes is not as important, I'm using it as example of how written minutes are not always word for word.

Last edited by Retlaw; 11-02-2016 at 21:52.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote