View Single Post
Old 20-02-2016, 08:46   #46
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
No, this isn't over, not by a long shot! My personal view is that cutting all ties with Europe & the UK's complete withdrawal from the EU is the only way to achieve our sovereignty. (And I've been living in the middle of Europe for the last 32 years)
Everyone knows that when you are negotiating a deal on anything......you ask for far more than you would expect to get.
This is because, in the interests of bargaining you know very well you are going to have to give a little, to compromise(or at least to be seen to be making a compromise)....be accommodating to the other parties ideas.
David Cameron asked for very little, got even less......and with no guarantees that any of what has been agreed would be legally binding AFTER the results of the referendum.
What this means is, if the British public are stupid enough to see this as the real deal and opt to stay in the EU.....every single thing that has been agreed on yesterday can be thrown out.
Now I don't call that a deal. I call that a STITCH UP.
We do NOT need the EU......but they do need us to be in, there is a huge danger that if the UK were to leave the whole of the EU would crumble......and they know that.

I have no doubt at all about how my vote will be. There is nothing on Gods green earth that would persuade me to vote to stay in the EU.
This will be the second time I will have voted on this issue and in all of those years I have not seen anything about the EU that has changed my opinion one iota.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web