View Single Post
Old 20-02-2016, 10:47   #51
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

JCB....it isn't even smoke and mirrors to bamboozle us.
It is clear to me that the EU has no intention of honouring any of these deals if the electorate vote to stay in the EU.....it has stated as much, so the 'deal' means absolutely nothing.
The proposal of sending home the EU migrants who fail to find a job within six months.....how risible is that when we have such porous borders that we haven't a clue who is here and who actually should be here.
Money that we contribute in taxes is still going to leach out of the country ( to enhance the economies of those countries)in child benefit(ok, so it will be at the rate paid in those countries - big deal).
As for trade, Jeremy Corbyn has just stated that the 'majority' of our trade is with the EU....this is not substantiated with facts....we only do 44% of trade with the EU.
Now I know I was pretty rubbish at maths in school, but I know that 44% is not a majority.
If our goods and services are competitive then trade will still continue with the EU.....ok so tariffs might be imposed....should that stop us?
I don't think it should. There is a big world out there.....we can trade in it.

The Emergency Brake is another failure as it will be left to EU members as to whether it should be applied.

The EU is anti democracy, it has shown that many times.
I do not want unelected representatives to be deciding laws that apply to me.
I do not want bureaucrats who cannot be held responsible, or to be ditched by democratic means to be deciding things that affect my life.

I would only be persuaded to stay in if our position in the EU was only for trade purposes......on second thoughts, not even that would persuade me because I know that their trading rules favour them, not us!
I will definitely be voting NO.
Not that I think it will make a jot of difference. I cannot see us getting out of it at all.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-02-2016 at 10:49.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote