Thread: Website
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 14:22   #14
andyd
God Member

Re: Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Has it been such a bad winter in Accy, or is the recent outbreak of moaning about tickets, prices, and means of entry on here down to some virus?

For those can afford it, an early-bird season ticket works out at £8.65 a game; £6.95 for concessions.
For those who can't, with a £30 Loyalty Card you are 'quids in' if you get to 7 games or more. If you have an Under 12 with you, you'd be 'quids in' by the 3rd game. Maybe other deals will be offered over the season. By their nature, deals change all the time.
But if you don't know whether you can make that many games, the walk-on price of £20 for an adult is pretty standard these days, however much we'd all like to get in for less (not that reducing the price seems to make much difference to the gate).

As for having to buy a ticket before entry, that is also pretty common at many away grounds. I had to do it at Oxford just last Saturday and it didn't delay my entry at all. The security guards took the ticket stubs as they don't have much else to do before the game starts.

I can think of one sound business reason why the club would want to get away from cash at the turnstiles (alluded to by one earlier post, possibly) and, if it's the case, then it's worrying for the club. If you can't fathom it out, ask yourself why the price of many goods in shops are priced at ...99p. It's not done to cause delay or inconvenience to the customer, nor to help distribute one penny coins throughout the nation.
Good common sense post Exile people will always argue about cost but alas some just want whoever's in charge to fall on their sword not what I call support.