View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 15:58   #62
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Talking Re: Notts County match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Just got back home and for my two'penneth although we went 2-0 early in the first half, I thought we then sat back and let them come at us. Boco scores a fab goal early doors in the 2nd half and the ref (where do they find them?) lets them back in with a goal that should never have stood due to a foul on Billy Kee in the centre circle. 2nd goal they score was a good breakaway goal but the supporters and management should never have been allowed to sweat like that. We could and should have won by a cricket score. Crooks looked totally disinterested and wasn't in the game at all.
3 times recently we have surrendered the initiative almost fatally at home when in a dominant position after making weird subs. Strange that we make subs unnecessarily early when in control but usually wait until 5 minutes to go when things aren't going well. I can understand why the subs were made last night as both Hughes and Rommmy haven't had much game time this season but we need to be really well prepared for the subs who do come on. I think you are being very harsh on Crooks to say he was totally disinterested. I'll bet his Opta statistics or whatever they're called show he was is possession all over the pitch more than any other of our lads. Ok he should have had a hat trick but we all know he will never be a striker, and he more than makes up by running the show along with his mate Seamus. As Choirboy says, he should be told to pass when around the box, rather than shoot.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote