View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 17:19   #19
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The day the earth stood still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I agree with most of what is being said,but I don't think folk can just decide to stay at home when it suits.
Let's not forget that nowadays there is a lot more traffic (and tools driving) on our roads...that increases the risk to our kids.
Perhaps those folk from the 'I remember when' days could fight the weather and make their way to our schools to care for the kids who get stranded by bad weather and difficult driving conditions.
Well Cashy got there first, (he often does), U turn, we were brought up by parents that faught for a future, that future didn't include mamby pamby I need an excuse to allow others to work but not me.

I suspect this attitude came in somewhere around the 80's, when a certain lady said stuff the rest, 'the rest' in reply said, stuff you, what a mess we now have, no-one want's to walk that extra mile, you, me or Joe Bloggs. We all want everyone else to do that little extra.

Any excuse especially from those in charge not to do anything if anything is too much (for them).

Lead by example, Politicians, you volunteered for the job, if you can't travel 10 miles travel 2, turn up at a depot, ask how you can help, you volunteered for the job lead us into a positive, we can do, attitude not a simpering hand wringing, well, nothing I can do about it, I may as well stay at home. You show yourself, maybe the real workers will be encouraged?

Too much to ask in reality isn't it?

Last edited by Less; 05-03-2016 at 17:25.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote