View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 16:24   #160
Lucysgirl

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
The ordinary MPs will have a free vote( although vote No and it won't do their careers any good).

In my heart I would love to leave the EU and go it alone but lets face reality-

On our own the EU would soon freeze our banking system out and wreck it(wouldn't you, they already want to take the business to Germany).
We're in it too deep already, get out and the EU will screw us every which way, to teach us a lesson and to warn any of the other 27 not to get ideas of grandeur. The Yanks have already said if we're out they'll drop us and pal up more with Germany( they know who runs the EU).
Some of the big foreign companies will pull out, it's cheaper to trade within a 27 country block with one set of rules(however complicated)than to trade with them from a single country with a different set of rules.

I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist. I'll probably vote to stay in and weep as I do it.
International News yesterday (3/3/2016): Due to bankers not receiving large bonuses and investors losing money, prices of houses in Knightbridge, London have gone down by nearly 5% and Chelsea's by 2%

Europe together with others have successfully managed to remove one of the troughs the pigs ate at.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote