View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 13:54   #169
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I like your optimism Rena, but do not share it.
Some of the things you have said are what David Cameron put forward. We are led to believe it was a struggle to get concessions such as stopping migrants from sending benefits home to children in their home country(benefitting their economy, not ours)and a time restriction on migrants who fail to find employment.

The concessions which our PM says he has an agreement on may disappear like summer snow when and if the referendum results are for us to stay in.
This is because those who gave assurances in those negotiations will not be the ones who have the ultimate say so.......and we have been told that at the outset.....so these promises don't really exist in any real sense.
We will also be made to pay(and not necessarily in financial terms) for having the gall to suggest that the EU needs to reform.
If this suggestion had come from some other country(and I know that since we have made it clear that we do not like the way the EU is going, others have also said that they would like reforms) then I think it would have been looked upon more favourably...but we are the 'upstarts' and need teaching a lesson.

No, let us get the hell out of there!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote