View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 20:41   #205
Lucysgirl

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
OH, come on Rena....don't tell me that this is a surprise to you?
You really expected much and got very little(a bit like the done deal that David Cameron THINKS he's achieved).
Yes, and the 9million pounds it has cost is being paid for by you and me.(how much good could this have done if the money had been used for something worthwhile?)
There has been a petition online complaining about this. Our esteemed PM does not wish to debate the issue as he reckons a precedent exists......in that the last referendum was paid out of tax payers money. I don't know what the relative cost was back then, but you can bet your neck it was not in the region of 9million)
If we are going to have some kind of information, then at least it should be balanced out with equal space being given to the reasons why we should leave.

Being in the EU is like being in an abusive relationship...it saps your courage, saps your energy,saps your confidence saps your money. You think the partnership will change....and it will, but not in your favour.
WE really need to be OUT.
Yes it did surprise me - when the butcher gives me a parcel and says it contains beef steak I don't expect to find a pork sausage inside!

I listened to part of the Commons Debate this afternoon and wondered what the Minister thought he'd sent out when he described the effort as "a sixteen page explanatory booklet". He's been hoodwinked - half of those sixteen pages had morphed into photos by the time it reached me. He did make it clear when he spoke that anyone who wants more details concerning the content of the booklet should go online. My current thoughts are that I don't know whether I can be bothered.

Excepting for the cost and the layout, it doesn't bother me that the government produced the policy booklet as I receive, or did receive, other government policy booklets viz Annual Inland Revenue bumph, also various annual notifications on various legal requirements for Employment Regs, etc.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote