View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 21:35   #228
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Therefore, my concern is that if we left the EU only the member nations would be invited to take part in the design/manufacture of aircraft. This doesn't hold a very rosy future for 40,000 jobs.

I'd like to hear the latest buzz on the Broughton/Wharton grapevine
The manufacture of the wings/tailplane etc requires very large, very complicated and therefore very expensive machinery. To set up another plant with the same, or similar equipment would be totally prohibitive with regard to cost and the expertise to operate such equipment. Airbus could not afford any increase in the cost of the Airbus series which is in a very competitive market and the same applies to the engines - you cannot just change the engines from one manufacturer to another without serious design changes and current orders will, for the large part, specify Rolls Royce engines.
Another example of the Remain Fear Factor - guesswork and lies.
I don't suppose many people know that the EU gave China a loan of over Eu800M some years ago - specifically for the development of iron and steel production - no surprise that the Remain have kept quiet about that.