View Single Post
Old 15-04-2016, 07:36   #27
maxthecollie
Senior Member+

Re: Yorkshire Bank in Accrington to Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, you are probably the holder of a passport or some other form of photo ID.
I am not. I do not need a passport......I have not driven for 13 years so my driving licence is an old green and white paper one.
I know that you have to provide ID as a hedge against fraud and money laundering......but I don't want to change. I have been happy with the bank, I have not been ripped off with PPI.......I would not know who to choose.......and I have become resistant to, and irritated by forced change.
Those who choose to change will see the change from a different viewpoint, but those who have been forced to change(by circumstance) may not feel as relaxed about it.

My main concerns were for Ma and her savings account(she still has a dark blue leather like savings book) but when I went in yesterday I was reassured that this could be converted into a simple current account. This would be far easier for Ma to pay her bills from.
Now all I have to do is convince her of this fact.
This will be akin to getting an audience with the Pope. The good thing is I do have until the end of August to sort it.(I like a challenge)
I know what it's like with the oldies.If my old dear needs to change bank I will have to do it as she never goes out, only for her pacemaker check up. My mum has been with yorkshire bank sine she was a child and she is 90 this year.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote