View Single Post
Old 22-04-2016, 16:37   #276
Lucysgirl

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The eight or nine millions could be used to benefit people in this country.
You might tell me that it already does, but it also ties us into lots of regulations which are not followed by other counries, but which we slavishly adhere to.

Also there is a lot of(financial) waste in the EU. In this day and age of technology, video conferencing, electronic communications can you tell me why Brussels charters a special train, spends and inordinate amount of money transporting people and filing cabinets to Strasbourg for four days EVERY MONTH. I did see the eye watering cost of this exercise, but it escapes me right now.

There is far too much meddling in the affairs of each member state...and Claude Junker has admitted this.

The only way is OUT.......RIGHT OUT.
My offspring are all saying the same thing and now that I've heard the latest news this afternoon about the June meeting of Five EU Presidents, I'm not surprised the Dutch want out. As we use £Sterling we're not affected but it will affect the countries that use the Euro currency, because the meeting is about closer political, fiscal union. I'm finding it hard to believe that they would be daft enough to include the "poor cousin" countries such as Spain, Portugal, Greece and the others....
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote