View Single Post
Old 23-04-2016, 00:15   #319
Lucysgirl

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No one really knows the answer to your question.....they can only guesstimate.....and that is part of the difficulty. Those who want to remain will magnify every possible difficulty to enhance their viewpoint.....they will not tell you that they don't honestly know.

Leaving will create a lot of work for the politicians......work that they would be much happier not to have to be involved with. They want to take the line of least resistance.
Whatever happened to the 'can do' attitude?
I will tell you, it was removed by the EU.
I don't have my ear to the ground anymore Margaret. These days I’m more interested in having my nose to the computer researching family history but I do sometimes catch a news nippet - but, as you say, you can’t trust politicians and commentators not to skew information to their own advantage. I will be voting as I think it important that there’s a good turn out at the polling stations.

I heard it mentioned that the alternative to the EU was the World Trade Organisation, which drew a snort of derision from another commentator who said it was a toothless old dog - maybe we should kick that into touch as well and save some more money.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote