Thread: weather??
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 11:34   #2497
Eric
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Record high temperatures are contributing to a massive forest fire in Fort McMurray Northern B.C. has made 80,000 people flee their homes, never seen anything like it, houses are shells, trucks and cars just shells, my daughter who works in an oil camp there just phoned to say they are just being bused to Edmonton. It,s like watching a movie seeing all the vehicles driving through the burning forests, very scary and no rain forcast until Monday. Thankfully no injuries though.
Those poor folks in Alberta are having a rough time of it with that freaky weather ... and they had that massive flooding back in '13. Weather out on the prairies and areas up toward the shield can be real scary. All we can hope for is that the fire will burn itself out, and that nobody will be hurt. Canadian firefighters and emergency response teams are world class. And we are lucky in the sense that the damage will be limited to property

Down here around the Great Lakes weather has been cool, damp and miserable ... kinda like the Clayton weather I remember...

I know what you mean about "watching a movie" ... more and more of the world's weather seems like something out of a disaster movie ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote