View Single Post
Old 14-05-2016, 06:22   #390
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I am just getting a bit weary of all these big wigs being wheeled out to tell us how bad things will be if we take back our destiny.
President Obama(sending us to the back of the queue...when the negotiations for a trade treaty with the EU look to be doomed, so that's where we would be anyway).
Mark Carney...a Canadian governor of the Bank of England....he tells us that he foresees tough financial times ahead.....strange that he can forecast this whe he doesn't really know what effect leaving the EU will have - he can only guess.
Christine Lagarde(iMF and French) sees our prospects outside the EU as bad to very,very bad. Might she have an axe to grind to keep us tied in because that would benefit the French...has she got vested interests in the EU?
That is the question I ask myself each time one of these experts is wheeled out to give us what can only be assumptions....seeing as such a thing has never happened before, and as such is unknown territory.
I no longer want to be married to the Federal states of Europe...and there are more member states that would be equally glad to get rid of this bondage.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-05-2016 at 06:24.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote