View Single Post
Old 17-05-2016, 16:24   #425
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Don't be so bloody stupid!
Of course I don't support rapists and murderers, you suggestion so is damn insulting!

The EHCR has nowt to do with keeping scum like that in this country, our government and security forces are well able to do whats required to get rid of them.

I have just said that I consider my kids rights that have been given to them by Europe.
That's not ALL that is for consideration, just part of it.

What happens if we leave, will all this that your saying suddenly come true?
Will it heck as like, will the magna carta etc be given more subsistence than it already has? Or will it continue to just be a legacy thing that we no longer apply as much.

As I have said - I do not know all the details that should enable me to make a choice, because I cannot see them with verification of accuracy, of being current and knowing what will happen once we do leave.

I have a feeling that if we do, not a lot will happen before I'm dead, pollytiks do not work that fast.

Don't bother replying if all you can do is come out with stupid comments that cannot be quantified with accurate visible facts I can read to aid me making a decision.

You want to vote out then vote out, some of us consider what the future could be like if the UK government was allowed to remove some of what european laws have given us.
There is a good side to europe you know.
Your suggestion that the ECHR has nothing to do with keeping scum in this country(your words - not mine) is frankly ludicrous.
There have been many incidences where murderers and rapists have been allowed to remain,because sections of the ECHR have been cited as being contravened if we ejected them.
But you are happy for your children to live in a country who has no control over its borders.

As for facts as to what will happen if we leave....let me assure you that NO ONE KNOWS.
definitive facts are not available because it has not been done before....there is only conjecture assumptions and plain guesses.

We know for a fact that Turkey is going to be given EU status....that means that Turks can come here and seek what for them is a better life.
It also means that they will gain access to jobs, health care, benefits(regardless of what David Cameron has said about the renegotiations - they are not worth the paper they are printed on.
Member states will be able to veto them, and what is more they have said they will do so) your children will be in competition with these migrants for jobs, health care, houses, benefits....but you want that.

All the refugees flowing into Europe right now will be given EU passports which will allow them to come here too....but you think this is alright for your children and their future.
These refugees have gained access to Europe on fake documents, so we have absolutely no knowledge of their backgrounds or whether they mean us harm.
They certainly will not subscribe to a western way of life....but this the future you would choose for your children.

I have thought my opinions through after looking at as much information as is available from many and varied sources.
I am also old enough to remember what our country was like before we joined the common market...which is what it was sold to the UK electorate as.

If you went out and paid for a super duper car, but once you had handed your money over you found you had bought a camel wouldn't you feel aggrieved?

Even more so when governments of all colours have taken little notice of what the electorate wanted....getting us more enmeshed in an organisation that is corrupt and has not had a budget ratified by auditors for 21 years.

So, you want all this AND erosion of democracy for your children....they will be ruled by people who they have not sanctioned by a vote....laws will be made for them by people they cannot remove.
Forgive me if this is all too much information for you...But my vote(probably a waste of time and ink) will be for us to get OUT.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote