View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 16:57   #877
egg&chips

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Many aint generalising to me, its a definate statement, he is also one snotty piece of work to lump us with Kyle,
Ahh Cashy, what a very starkly clear vision you must have of life. Am I arrogant and ignorant to disagree with you? Obviously "in your eyes". Thank you for at least qualifying your statement with a little subjectivity. Did I lump you in with Kyle? Only if you class yourself as one of the long term unemployed who choose not to work rather than claim benefits. As you class yourself as "Coffin dodger" I will assume that you are a fully paid up member of the generation which only took up state handouts as a last resort, in which case I salute your ethics in this respect.
Please allow me to clarify one or two points.
Firstly I believe that the great British public has been sold a lie by the right wing(press, politicians, financiers and other self serving personages) that the causes of unemployment, lack of housing, social and community division are rooted in our membership of the EU.
Secondly my mention of racism ( please note that I did not refer to having seen examples on Accyweb -the TV provided me with lots of folk who were very anti German) is because that is what I consider hostility towards other ethnicities, because they are other ethnicities, to be.
Thirdly, yes I believe MANY Brits choose not to work and are therefore lazy. I could not provide you with numbers, but based on people that I interact with on a daily basis in a relatively small demographic, I would say many thousands. If your experience is different to mine and all the benefit claimants you meet are busting a gut to engaging with the work market again, then they are being poorly served by whoever is meant to be helping them. The jobs are there if you are willing to do them. Yes I am now in education but previously have worked in bookies, a bank, in bars, at Butlins, on the bins, sold crap for Gerald Ratner and shovelled similar stuff in a number of places. I have been on the dole, but not for long. I now watch individuals who are claiming benefits, drive past the school gates in Beemers and Boxters.
I do not hold with anyone who says that membership of the EU was perfect, but neither do I think that leaving was the answer. I truly hope that I am wrong in forseeing a really rough time ahead for this country but the signs since Thursday have not been good. Thankfully I am and in all likelihood will remain financially secure. My beer will cost more in Spain and my petrol will be more expensive at the pump. My children are the ones who may reap the bitter fruit from the referendum and it is for them that I actually feel like weeping.

egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote