Thread: New Bus Station
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 14:43   #90
accyman
God Member

Re: New Bus Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I have asked the question before - why should party politics have any influence on local. or even regional councils. Surely all councillors should only attempt to provide what is best for the electorate that they represent.

iv often said party labels should be removed from county and ocal concil the only time it matters is for government

if people didnt have to choose a side and the only choice was the person and what they can bring to the table it would remove a lot of sillyness and petty squabbling

i dont have examples to hand but its been reported on here that a good idea for the area has been turned away simply on the basis that the opposing party suggested or wanted it which i have no doubt hs happened in both directions

its no better than kids saying dont play with that kid because hes different or comes from a different area of accy

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote