Thread: New Bus Station
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2016, 12:45   #105
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: New Bus Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Try being a little more positive, the lovely walk from the post office to our grand new bus station passes by many shops you may wish to use and help the shop keepers of Accrington.

Why are so many people negative so often? Lets try and have a warm, rosy and positive outlook on things.
Neil it would be easier to have a positive attitude if what you said were true.

Mannings in Peel St.....a chip shop and two coffee shops in Infant St..oh yes and a carpet shop that is in the process of closing down.
Wilko's isn't worth much..the market is dire.....a couple of pound shops and a miserable clothes shop on Broadway..a couple of mobile phone shops(don't use a mobile so they hold zero interest for me.
Just where might these nice shops you are talking about, be situated?

As I said the people responsible for the running of this town...for promoting it are doing a pretty hapless job of it...and I can find no real reason that I would actually LIKE to be walking around Accrington Town centre.

The place is dead on its feet...and a shiny new bus station will do nothing at all to remedy this..it won't bring folk into town(there is nothing at all to bring people here)..it will just ferry them away
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote