View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 12:23   #35
kestrelx
Senior Member+

Re: Bold Street Working Man's Club in the 70's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC4LAB View Post
dear Mr Kestralx...Seen the post of yours and those of others and I am happy to bring it back to life..as I frequented Bold street ,the Vulcon,peepers, the Regent and Lodestar to watch pubgroups in Blackburn in the 70s.I was obsessed with Strife at the time..I remember Gordon Rowly and his hairy boots and bass playing..Got a single called from Strife called School i had played at peepers disco in Blackburn..they were very popular as a pub group with a massive follwing..Aslo arbre funnily enough..They were like Eagles i rememberr..As for Scoprions they are now my fav group..remember the poster at the Bold street club but didnt see them..Thought it was just a false memory but happy it isnt...If only..Scorpions have a 50th anniversary tour this year only in Uk at Maidstone but throughtout Geramany & Poland..
Hi JC4LAB (if your still around) I remember Abre (did they have a song called "The Devil is calling" or was that a lyric?) well they had some good songs but funny thing is I can't find anything by them on You Tube or mention of them on Google, they have vanished. I think they were from Northumberland or Newcastle saw them a few times. Nor can I find mention of Strife either.

Yep Scorpions played there twice I think once when they had first LP out and again when their second one came out. I remember the guy who ran it was Jack Bradshaw - I think he booked the bands and ran the music nights his wife worked down the Job Center.

Last edited by kestrelx; 10-09-2016 at 12:26.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote