View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 01:06   #64
Eric
God Member

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
but the issue of the Burkha is also one of security.
Ok ... but not in Western countries. There are numerous instances of burqa - clad suicide bombers of both sexes; but they all seem to happen in Muslim countries, or countries with large Muslim majorities. I agree with Walter that a lot can be concealed under a full body bag ... hell, a fat broad could be waddling down your street with the USS Nimitz stuffed under there; but it just ain't happening in developed countries where a woman wearing the full covering sticks out like a sore thumb. In Pakistan where every other bitch is wearing one, there have been many incidents. In Senegal ... in Chad (by the way, if I lived in that shiitehole of a country, I would see devastating explosions as a bonus) ... in fact, in lots of countries in sub-saharan Africa.

When was the last incident involving Burqa suicide bombing in the UK? How common is the burqa in Clayton, or anywhere else in Hyndburn? There are quite a few Muslims in Kingston; many attend Queen's; but I have yet to see a burqa. The dress of choice for devout Muslim women here is no more extreme than the dress of Hutterite or Amish women. There have been a couple of incidents in the US where white, male criminals have used the burqa in order to escape the attention of law enforcement ... but no suicide bombings.

I find the damn things offensive, both in reality and symbolically, but that's no reason to ban them. You can't tinker with the constitutional rights and freedoms of citizens ... well, you can. But there are obvious dangers. If you can't see them, do some thinking. You couldn't have a burqa ban in Canada; the Supreme Court would not allow it. And the SC is not a bleeding heart, liberal think-tank, it is the body which protects us from governments' doing illegal shiite, and from governing by ideology rather than by law.

Ronny Raygun, a President whom, I believe, history will be kind to, once proposed a law banning the burning of Old Glory. And then someone whispered "First Amendment" in his ear. If The Donald gets elected, he will soon find that the US Supreme Court, even a conservative court, would not let him get away with most of the stuff he has promised.

Sure, seeing the burqa is annoying, much like a mosquito in your space as you try to have a beer on your back deck. But you don't go chasing the damn thing with a sledgehammer.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote