View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 16:14   #74
Eric
God Member

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I had to look up the Hutterite
A little wander ... taking advantage of Mick's hospitalization ... While I'm at it I want to wish for Mick a speedy and complete recovery; I didn't yet get around to doing it in the proper thread. Get well soon young fella ... Hutterites are amazing people. I lived for 19 years in Saskatchewan and there was always a Hutterite colony close by. A good buddy of mine, Karl Kleinsasser, was field manager (he was in charge of summer fallowing, seeding, and harvest) on a settlement near Glen Bain, SK. I was often a guest in his home; and he visited mine regularly to watch TV and read newspapers ... neither of which is allowed on the settlement. Come to think of it, this doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. They raise all their own food. They eat communally ... there's no cooking in individual homes, but there is always a ham, a cold roast of the best beef you ever tasted, home baked bread, cookies and cake ... food to die for. They brew their own beer; make their own wine; and distill their own high-test liquor. I could go on and on and on ... fantastic people. Love 'em.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote