View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 13:37   #87
Eric
God Member

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1178172]

Yes, Eric. Of course there are bigger more serious problems in the world. But sometimes starting little allows you to move onto bigger things.[/QUOTEg

Now this is where we disagree. I'm in favour of starting at the other end. Confront the big problems; solve them; and the frippery on the periphery (I like that ... has an almost poetic tone) will just go away. If one is confronted by a Tiger tank, one should not waste time pondering the offensive symbolism of the swastika painted on it's side; one should be more concerned with the Krupp 88mm tracking you down.

I believe that militant Islam ... no, let's be completely honest and say Islam in general, is one of the greatest threats to all we hold dear, all that our fathers and grandfathers fought and died for: freedom, individual rights, tolerance, the rule of law ... and a whole bunch of others that you can probably come up with I just don't believe that passing illegal laws about how people dress is the answer. Tinkering with the constitutional rights of citizens is dangerous. If you can't see this, please ignore this post.

And before anyone asks "Well, what would you do?", here is one suggestion. Wipe out ISIS fighters. Shoot, napalm, bomb the crap out of them whenever the poke their heads above a sand dune. Forget about collateral damage. I seem to remember that the RAF, RCAF, and USAF were not all that concerned with civilian casualties in WW2. And allow our military personnel to act under the same "rules of engagement" that the Russians have ... I'd better quit before the accusations of racism start.

By the way Margaret, if you are ever lucky enough to be invited to a meal on a Hutterite colony, you will be served no "foreign muck." All the food is home grown, and home cooked.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote