View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 15:01   #88
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Bulgaria bans full-face Islamic veil

Eric, I have to say that your observations of the danger of ISIS and Islam in general are very succinct.
Your solution is one that the world will not take(I am not saying it is the wrong solution, just that there is no power in the world that will address this danger.)
No, tinkering with peripheral rights is not the way to deal with it.
It should not be necessary to deal with something like a face veil.
These women should grab every freedom to express themselves that is offered.they have been subjugated for centuries and wearing the face veil shows that this is still the case.

Now Jason may tell you that this is what they are doing when they CHOOSE to wear a face veil. But that is rubbish....these women are, from the age of toddlers, being instilled with false values by the men in their communities and when they are of an age to CHOOSE, there is pressure exerted on them from the women, their peers,to follow this cultural tradition.
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM OR BEING MUSLIM.
It is offensive to all women and disrespectful to men as it implies that they cannot control their carnal desires.
Now on that note, I have said everything I want to say on this topic( in some cases, more than once, in different ways to try and get my opinion over. It IS only my opinion, but I stick by it)so I will bow out of this thread and unlike Jason, I will not post to it again.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-10-2016 at 15:03.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote