View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 21:59   #38
Trev
Junior Member+

Re: Whalley Rd Chippy

I would just like to update this thread.
I was the proprietor of Whalley Road Chippy from 2002 - 2009.
Then it was called Oaklea Chippy.
I had the Fish Fryers Quality award and a 5 star rating from the council.
I moved from Accrington in 2009 and been back there a few times since and obviously called in there when I was about.
I was recently back and called in to see who the new proprietors were as its changed hands so many times since.
On my previous visits, disappointed was an understatement, but this time i was astounded by the cleanliness and attention to detail that was in force by the 2 ladies that where running it. I spent an hour talking and comparing notes even down to what they use in their batter mix. That is a secret but believe it or not it was what I used.
They have a methodical cleaning process very similar to my own and source the best quality ingredients available.
Unfortunately they are tarred with the previous owners reputation, but in saying that so was I when I initially took over York Street chippy in 2000 and turned that round to the best chippy in Accy.
All I can say is I would highly recommend this chippy and would urge you to give them a try as I can assure you, these people are doing everything right and I will be patronising them on my next visit,
Trev is offline   Reply With Quote