View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 20:53   #135
Chewbacca
Full Member+

Re: Clayton End development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
The work HAD to be done over the summer, there wasnt time to file for grant funding. Had we got grant funding then we'd have got less next time etc ... so it was done there and then without any 'free' money. As for permission, my understanding is that any work carried out was done so with council backing and overseen by building regs all along - but official planning permission was only granted retrospectively, again due to the timing of it all. I cant understand what any fuss is about, every £1 less in the club is an extra £1 that AH has to find and he doesnt seem to mind.

My memory of grant funding for stands is that they will pay up to 40% but it came on the proviso that they must be all seater ... therefore it would make sense that any application was saved for the biggie.

I'll say it again but I damn well wish we had some kind of proper announcement of all development plans. It's an excuse to get a little excited at the direction we're going in, a chance to show potential fans that we're serious about evolving, and a chance to understand why certain things aren't necessarily as we thought they might be
The issue according to Mr Holt's twitter was they had to start before permission to get the toilets finished in time. Why not just request to play away games at the start of the season like Liverpool did or use temporary ones?

You can't claim grant in retrospect in any walk of life, "rules is rules", yep and we would have been better following them.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote