View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 12:06   #33
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Greater Accrington Heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I am at a loss as to why a lot of time effort and no doubt expense went towards research which will never be published into the public domain. All those errors will still be there long after we are all gone, I think we owe it to the lads who gave their lives for us, to ensure the documents marking their sacrifice are at least accurate.
I once went to Pen and Swords the publishers of Bills books on the Pals, they told me its not saleable very few will buy a book like that for just one name, you may sell a couple to military museums, and may be a couple of libraries, but we need to print and sell 300 ciopies to break even, and a books like that will never make it.
I took on the task because to me a bloke with out a hobby is gonna die an early death, and I've always had hobbies since I were a kid, sat ont kerb edge carving Spitfires an Huricanes out of lumps of fire wood, Its a hobby and keeps me occupied, just as I'm at present with all the 11th East Lancs medal cards sorting them out making them presentable with their full name rank and number.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote