View Single Post
Old 15-12-2016, 21:43   #7
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: R.I.P. Garth Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Sad news indeed. I learnt a lot about photography from Garth.
30 years ago I bought a camera from him and he told me to make a note of the settings I used on each picture. Then when he developed them he told me where I'd gone wrong and how to improve. I think I bought one of the first digital cameras he sold a, 0.5 Mb model.
Up to recently he was always willing to chat when we met.
I'm sure many people will have similar stories and like me will miss him.
R.I.P Garth. Your memory will never fade as long as people can see your excellent photos.
Like you I knew Garth for donkey's years, I first met him, when he operated from the back room of his dad's shop in Church St, then he set up his shop in Infant St, then to his best know shop in Little Blackburn Rd, we had an arrangement when there was a big fire on I would ring him, or take pics on a camera I carried in my fire tunic inner pocket, I took a load of pics when the Princess Cinema went up. and when Bulloughs had its big fire, I rang him, when I got chance, silly begger had forgotten to put phone thro from shop to home, and I'd forgotten to reload my camera, film was int dark room at home. We both kicked our shins day after when we met up.

R.I.P. Garth me owd mate.

Last edited by Retlaw; 15-12-2016 at 21:48.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote