View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 14:51   #58
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Hartlepool match thread (H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
McConville seems pretty good to me.

Yonmon - ok, it can be said you make your own luck in sport. Maybe it's usually true, but my impression has been that every bloody free kick outside the box has been scored against us, been on the wrong end of sendings off, have lost countless games 1-0 against teams that have only had one attack.
I know that you can argue that's because we are defending badly, but I just don't see that we are. We could replay those games, play as we did and get a lot more points.
But yes, I accept it's just an opinion backed up by zero evidence!
A case in point highlighted my thoughts about luck having any effect whatsoever during a soccer match . A fan sitting by me bemoaned the fact that Mark Hughes was so unlucky to concede the free kick which resulted in a Hartlepool goal .
But in reality Mark slipped, the ball being in close proximity to his hand struck the same, Graham Salisbury, a poor excuse for a Referee and a poser to boot, saw this and decided it was a free kick, and the rest we know.
Now this, as with every element occurring during every match was merely a chain of unfortunate events and whatever 'luck' happens to be had nothing to do with it whatsoever !.

Can I suggest that all the happenings which you describe are events of a similar nature ?..and that which we call luck be it good, bad, or indifferent is merely what we feel when an outcome
to an action or event doesn't turn out the way we expect or want it to ?.

Good luck for 2017 ! ( What am I saying ! ).

KTF.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote